As Canada’s fastest-growing community, Milton is a blend of urban and rural, modern and historic, all set in the backdrop of the Niagara Escarpment.
With a population of 120,556 (2018), Milton offers state-of-the-art recreational facilities including the Milton Sports Centre and the Mattamy National Cycling Centre (Milton Velodrome). Milton also has two libraries, more than 50 parks, and is home to one of the finest Farmer’s Markets in Canada from May to October.
Milton was ranked sixth on MoneySense.ca’s Canada’s Best Places to Live 2018.
May 2020 Summary
The Toronto Regional Real Estate Board reported the following for the GTA for the month of May 2020:
- The AVERAGE SALE PRICE in May 2020 was up by 3% year over year
- The NUMBER of SALES was down by 53.7% compared to May 2019
- The NUMBER of NEW LISTINGS was also down 53.1%
These numbers include ALL of the GTA and ALL housing types (detached, semi, town, condo apt, condo town). As expected, the number of sales AND the number of new listings were down across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). All things being equal, the inventory of homes for sale is very low, so demand still far exceeds supply in most markets. This means that home prices will continue to trend upwards so long as conditions remain the same.
To help decipher the data in the adjacent table, when the Sales to New Listings Ratio (SNLR) is:
- 55% or more = SELLER’S MARKET = more buyers than properties for sale
- Between 36% and 54% = BALANCED MARKET = about the same number of properties for sale as there are buyers
- 35% or less = BUYER’S MARKET = more properties for sale than there are buyers
|Average Sale Price||$951,008||$934,969||1.7%|
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
BOOK A CALL
For a complimentary, confidential discussion of your real estate needs, please book a call at a time that is convenient for you, and we will call you.
Subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter which includes:
- Neighbourhood market reports
- Community events
- Tips and giveaways